What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
How do we collect personal information?
Where practical we shall collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquiries about tickets or other products and services; when you enter competitions, register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also collect information when we invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
What personal information do we collect?
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings and to provide travel services and products to you. For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and the expiry date, passport details, dietary requirements (if any) and health issues relevant to your travel arrangements. We also collect information that is required for use in the business activities of Maritime, including for example, financial details necessary in order to process various transactions and any other information you may elect to provide to us.
We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with travel and travel related products and services.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or ore of the following purposes:
- Identification of fraud or error
- Regulatory reporting and compliance
- Developing, improving and marketing our products and services
- Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you or to involve you in market research
- Internal accounting and administration.
Is the information disclosed to third parties?
We may disclose your personal information:
- As permitted or required by law
- To various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes
- To our third party service providers as well as to our related entities
- To third parties such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies and other service providers for the purpose for which the information was collected or for a related purpose, for example to facilitate and process your travel arrangements
- Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorized or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Security of information
Maritime has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Maritime regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
Access and correction of personal information
We invite you to correct any personal information we may hold on you. If we deny access, we will provide you with the reason for such denial. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
Should you no longer wish to receive information on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you or participate in market research, kindly e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback / Complaints
We welcome your inquiries or comments about our Policy. Should you have any comments or complaints please contact us at email@example.com
Changes to our Policy
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at anytime, should this occur the amendment would be posted on our website.